Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Not more than 15 minutes!

Afternoon naps, something that Persians and a lot of Europeans do! Did you ever think why ppl sleep in the afternoon? Well, of course even a kid would know the reason, but why do we get sleepy just around 2:00 –3:00. Don’t we sleep enough at nights?
I personally hate afternoon naps. They start with yawning and no matter how hard you try to resist falling asleep, you simply can’t do it, and finally you end up in your bed thinking that you have made the right decision. You would do anything, absolutely anything in order to get some sleep, and you try to fool yourself by saying “I just sleep for 15 minutes”.
Actually if you only sleep for 15 to 30 minutes to recharge yourself for the rest of the day, that’s just perfect, but then how many ppl have you known who sleep for only 15 to 30 minutes?!?
To be very precise, you end up sleeping for more than an hour and when you wake up, you feel like shit. Yeh I am not joking and shit is nothing, you feel even worst than shit! You feel like you are in a strange place, that you are lost, and suddenly an unpleasant version of your life story premieres in your brain.
Well, believe it or not, this is what is happening. I m not saying everybody feels the same, but I haven’t seen anyone who claimed something else yet, and my assumption are just based on my limited knowledge and of course my precious feelings ;)
Bottom line: No matter how many times you feel like shit and you promise yourself that you never ever sleep in the afternoon again, you still do it sometimes. I slept today for about 1.5 hours and when I woke up, I felt like shit, and yes I did it again!
What is it about afternoon naps, first you are willing to do anything to get some sleep, and then you hate yourself for doing it. More importantly what is about us, why do we keep repeating things that we are already aware of the consequences? Can’t we just control our dizziness till the feeling goes away, and then enjoy the rest of the day without feeling like shit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home