Saturday, November 25, 2006

Hmmmmmm Follow-Up

This morning before posting the pic for Hmmmmmmmmm, I hesitated a bit. I thought who would post a pic from her/his butt? I was just playing with its shades using picasa that my sister came and saw it. She said “if I were u I wouldn’t put such a pic anywhere, let alone my own page”. Well, I wanted to listen to her, but I thought why do I have to always pick my best pic?( not that I always do,but I try ;)
What is wrong with this pic? It’s a decent temptation scene after alll ;)
I was just analyzing this huge problem that I heard a familiar voice in my head, he came again and was whispering:

من نمی دانم که چرا می گویند: اسب حیوان نجیبی است , کبوترزیباست
و چرا در قفس هیچکسی کرکس نیست
گل شبدر چه کم از لاله قرمز دارد
چشم ها را باید شست
جور دیگر باید دید


Suddenly I had a flash back to my childhood, when I used to draw. I was about 8 that I started drawing. My instructor was this very cute old man with glasses, Mr. Hojabr! He was from Tehran, so I loved his accent and the way he dressed was so neat. He always wore vest and that looked so artistic to me ;)
Basically he was the first male that I was attracted to. Weird ha? ha ha ha
Anyways, I remember how I had to create an exact copy of my drawing model for him;otherwise, he would pick on the slightest mistake that I made and ask me to draw it again.Sometimes,I had to draw something over and over again in order to make it right.
I believe I was his student for about 4 consecutive summers. Even after that whenever I drew something, I tried to make an exact copy. My drawing had to be perfect, and that was the beginning of a perfectionist-missing piece.
Perfectionist, I was so proud to be one, and I would go out of my way to make everything perfect, but now that I think about it , it’s just waste of energy and time.
I try not to care about a lot of things anymore. It’s not that I changed my attitude over night , but I believe I came a long way. At least now, I can post a pic of my butt in missing piece, and write whatever I want , not whatever sounds perfect.If it was few years ago, thinking about it was a sin , leting alone doing it.
So here I am at the beginning of my imperfect path and trying to love it, cause loving what is perfect is not hard!

1 Comments:

Blogger eL . said...

Wow....
Che keifi mide vaghti chand ta post ro poshte sare ham nakhoondam!
:D

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home